Several studies have found that eating a healthy diet can help to improve your mental health. Nourishing your body and brain puts you in a good position to cope with challenges and get the most out of your day.
Tips for healthy eating
- Always have breakfast and try to include dairy (milk and/or yogurt), brown bread and fresh fruit
- Drink plenty of water during the day
- Avoid sodas and unhealthy fast food or snacks (or limit them to one per day)
- Plan meals ahead and try not to leave grocery shopping until you are already hungry!
- Aim to have five or more servings of fruit and vegetables per day
- Eat food rich in omega- 3 (sardines, salmon, nuts and tofu)